My name is Andrey Zuyev. I’m also well known as Andy Fiord. I was born and raised in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
…from St. Petersburg State University, where I studied astrophysics and applied mathematics. I earned a PhD in 2005.
As a scientist, I
- researched solar physics;
- developed systems for image registration and mathematical processing for astrophysics, nuclear physics, biology, material science and medicine;
- developed mathematical methods for vulnerability analysis;
- researched macroeconomic issues of the post-industrial society;
- authored three books and over 80 articles in these fields.
As an entrepreneur and business executive, I
- started a company that created one of the world’s first digital imaging system for telescopes and astrophysics;
- founded a group of companies that became a market leader in CCTV, integrated security and access control systems;
- started a a full-service photo and film production company.
As a fashion photographer and producer, I
- shot for fashion magazines, including Vogue;
- produced fashion shows for Jean Paul Gaultier, Blumarine and many other brands;
- led the art direction on many photo and video shoots.
Currently, my main pursuits are
- traveling to and filming locations where Earth looks like a planet in space;
- studying and the use of state-of-the-art cinema technology and workflows.
I’ve recently built a Dolby Vision color grading suite. It is — for the time being — one of the few licensed Dolby Vision color suites in the world and the first one in Russia.
- I’m a leader and team builder;
- I love learning and exploring new challenging ways of applying myself;
- I love teaching, coaching and leading people to success — I’m obsessed with people;
- As a technophile, I always look forward to getting my hands on the latest and greatest technology;
- I prefer nature to the city;
- I’m inspired by sunrises and starry skies;
- I enjoy playing tennis, riding a jet ski fast in stormy weather, driving race cars, and exploring the underwater world through diving;
- I love all animals, but cats hold a special place in my heart — to me, they are magical elves;
- I have real friends;
- I enjoy my life.