“I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned”.
— Richard Feynman
…from the St. Petersburg State University, where I studied astrophysics and applied mathematics. I earned a PhD from the university in 2005.
As a scientist, I
- Researched solar physics.
- Developed systems for image registration and mathematical processing for astrophysics, nuclear physics, biology, material science and medicine.
- Developed mathematical methods for vulnerability analysis.
- Researched macroeconomic issues of the post-industrial society.
- Authored over 80 articles and three books in these fields.
As an entrepreneur and business executive, I
- Started a company which created one of the world’s first digital imaging system for telescopes and astrophysics.
- Founded a group of companies which became a market leader in CCTV, integrated security systems and access control systems.
- Started a company specializing in project management for photo and video production in advertising.
As a fashion photographer and producer, I
- Shot for fashion magazines, including Vogue.
- Produced fashion shows for Jean Paul Gaultier, Blumarine and many other brands.
- Led the art direction on many photo and video shoots.
Currently my main pursuits are
- Traveling to and filming locations where the Earth looks like a planet in space.
- Studying HDR cinema technology and workflows.
I’ve recently built a Dolby Vision color grading suite equipped with a 3000 nit reference display. It is — for the time being — one of the few licensed Dolby Vision color suites in the world and the first one in Russia.
- I’m a leader and teambuilder.
- I love learning and exploring new challenging ways of applying myself.
- I love teaching, coaching and leading people to success. I’m obsessed with people.
- As a technophile, I always look forward to getting my hands on the latest and greatest technology.
- I prefer nature to the city.
- I’m inspired by sunrises and starry skies.
- I enjoy playing tennis and riding my jet ski fast in stormy weather.
- I love cats. To me, they’re magical elves.